FARA is the Faculty Athletics Representatives Association, the professional association for faculty athletics representatives (FARs). FARA is the collective voice of faculty athletics representatives in all three NCAA divisions. It is FARA’s role to advocate for faculty athletics representatives and to represent their concerns at the national level.
Final Legislative Review Committee Reports Posted
~ View the DII LRC Final Report on Proposed Legislation (pdf)
~ View the DIII LRC Final Report on Proposed Legislation. (pdf)
For additional information on the proposed legislation and to view the LRC Preliminary Reports visit the LRC page.
Proposed Amendments to the FARA Bylaws approved.
- FARA Executive Commitee Letter on the Division I “Recommended Governance Model” released on July 18, 2014. Read the letter here.
- FARA Executive Committee Letter on Representation of FARs on the new Board of Directors and Council. Read the letter here.
- FARA Executive Committee Statement on the Unionization of Student-athletes. Read the statement here.
- FARA Executive Committee letter to the Division I Board of Directors Steering Committee on Governance regarding composition of the Board and Council. Read the letter here.
- Materials related to the Division I Governance review can be found on here. A brief article that includes possible discussion topics is available here: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/division-i-members-consider-structural-changes-convention
- FARA Legislative Review Committees (LRC) craft Final Reports on legislative proposals.
Click here for the LRC page.
- 2014 NCAA Convention Presentation on Substance Use and Social Environments Surveys.
- FARA Elections complete, new leadership takes office. View a list of the new EC.
- NCAA Rules Working Group launches new web-based Toolkit. Click here to see the announcement.
- New online process for self-reports and other requests. Read about the new process by clicking here.
- The Division I members of the FARA Executive Committee developed three position statements/responses to Division I legislative proposals during the Committee’s Spring retreat in April. The entire Executive Committee subsequently endorsed each response.
+ FARA Executive Committee Response Miscellaneous Expense Allowance and Eligibility Delay
+ FARA Executive Committee Response to Bylaw 11 Revision Proposed by the Rules Working Group
+ FARA Response to Proposals from the Committee on Academic Performance and Four Working Groups